Skip to main content

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Q.1   I have shifted my residence recently. How do I ensure that I am enrolled in my new place of residence and my name is deleted from the old place?

Ans. In case the new residence is in the same constituency please fill Form-8A otherwise please fill form-6 and submit to the ERO (SDM) or the AERO (MRO) of the area of your new residence.

Q.2   I have shifted my residence recently. I have Photo ID Card with the old address. Can I get new ID Card for the present address?

Ans .First of all please  ensure that you have enrolled yourself in the Electoral Roll of the concerned AC, where you are now residing following the procedure given in ans no.1. Subsequently, changes will be made in the existing Identity Card by pasting the new address on the back side of the card.

Q.3   My old I Card is defective. I would like to have a new I Card with correct particulars. What is the procedure?

Ans. You can get your ID Card rectified by depositing it in the Office of the ERO concerned or at Photography Centre when the work of preparation of Photo ID card begins.

Q.4    I do not have a ration card. Can I get enrolled without a ration card? What are the other documents, which I can show as proof of my residence?

Ans. Ration Card is not essential for enrolment. You can show any other proof of residence like Passport, Bank Pass Book, Driving license etc.  or any Govt. document  to facilitate the work of registration.

Q.5    I am a tenant and my landlord does not want me to get enrolled. How can I get enrolled as a voter?

Ans . To get enrolled in the voter list is your statutory right. Please check the  Electoral roll of your area ERO (SDM)/AERO (MRO) office. If your name is not included please fill up Form 6 and deposit it with the ERO.

top next >>